Follow us on - Fb / In / Ln

Scroll down

Frequently Asked Questions

What are your specialities?

Our team specializes in building services, as detailed in the Expertise section of our website at The Régie du Bâtiment website also provides information on our licence categories and sub-categories.

What are your addresses?

We have two offices :

Montreal : 1955 Cabot Street, Montreal, QC H4E 1E2

Laval : 3000 Montée Saint-Aubin, Laval, QC H7L 3N8

How do I apply for a position?

We always have several active job postings, and spontaneous applicants are welcome. See the Ma Carrière section of our website (French only) if you are interested in joining our team.

What are your business hours?

Our emergency service is available 24/7 at 514-766-3531. Our Laval and Montreal offices are open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. from Monday to Thursday and from 8:00 a.m. to noon on Fridays. We are closed every day between noon and 1:00 p.m.  

How do I get a quote for plumbing and/or heating services?

A) For plumbing or heating installation if you already have the plans, please contact Benoît Malouin directly at:  

B) For plumbing or heating installation if you do not have plans, contact us with the details at:

What payment options do you offer?

Use the following email address to pay by Interac: To pay by Mastercard, call us at 514-766-3531. We are in the process of implementing online payment services. Thank you for your patience; this function will be available soon.

How do I make sure my submersible pump is working properly?

A) For a residential pump, start by making sure that the pump starts and stops by manually lifting the float to see if the pump starts. If it does not start, call us at 514-766-3531. 

 B) For a commercial pump, begin by making sure that the control panel is connected by checking the indicator lights then manually flipping the switch to see if the pump starts. If it does not, turn the non-functional panel off and call us at 514-766-3531.  

I received a notice from the Régie du bâtiment du Québec directing me to install a backflow prevention device; what do I do ?

You must comply if you were directed by the Régie du bâtiment du Québec to install a backflow prevention device. It is required by the Quebec Safety Code and the Construction Code. Contact us at 514-766-3531 for a quote. 

What do I do if my insurer asks me to replace my hot water tank?

Most insurers require hot water tanks to be replaced after 10 or 12 years; otherwise, you may be required to foot the bill in the event of damage. What’s more, you must use a professional with qualification certificates or your insurer may refuse to indemnify you in the event of damage. Call us at 514-766-3531 to have your tank replaced quickly. 

What do I do if I smell natural gas (an odour often compared to rotten eggs)?

If you smell natural gas, you must take safety precautions. First, do not smoke. Secondly, do not use any devices nearby: cell phones or light switches can produce static electricity. Thirdly, evacuate the space quickly while opening the windows and doors to ensure ventilation, if possible. If you are outside, move away as quickly as possible. Lastly, call 911 to report your situation. 

What do I do if someone feels dizzy or nauseated or gets a headache near a gas appliance?

Evacuate the building immediately and call 911 to report the situation. A combustion device may be malfunctioning, which could lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.